About Engage Nova Scotia
Everything we do is in collaboration with partners from the private, public and not-for-profit sector.
- We shine a light on our opportunities, advantages and the hurdles in front of us.
- We call for more Nova Scotians to step up to improve our quality of life and economic conditions.
- We challenge and support Nova Scotians to be more collaborative, inclusive and adaptive to change.
We do this by:
- Working with the Canadian Index of Wellbeing to introduce a more complete way to measure progress and encourage collaboration across sectors.
- Building capacity – through practical clinics and workshops – for citizens and government to collaborate more closely, and with greater trust, on their shared goals.
- Coordinating one of Canada’s leading experiences of welcoming newcomers to Canada through Share Thanksgiving.
- Fostering a network of newly engaged change-makers in Nova Scotia.
- Nova Scotia is facing unprecedented economic, demographic, social and environmental challenges.
- The responsibility to develop bold ideas and innovative solutions needs to be shared by everyone – especially citizens.
- Through a fundamentally deeper and broader process of dialogue and collaboration – amongst government, business, institutions, the voluntary sector and engaged citizens – we can effectively tackle the challenges we face.
- Most of what we need is already here in the communities, culture and people of Nova Scotia.
- We actively seek to include diverse voices – from all cultural communities, from all parts of the province and from as many perspectives as possible.
- We operate in a collaborative, neutral and open space that no one individual or organization owns or controls.
- We create just enough structure to support our activities while staying lean, nimble and transparent.
- How we do things is as important as what we do.
- We move forward in a spirit of responding to opportunities, supporting one another to take risks and learning as we go.